Overview of Disorderly Conduct Charges and Allegations in Everett, Lynnwood, Marysville and the Rest of Snohomish County, Washington, as well as Skagit County and King County
Disorderly Conduct Lawyers and Law in Washington
Ashbach Law Offices, LLC has significant successful history in representing people charged with Disorderly Conduct in Snohomish County, as well as Skagit County and North King County. Such experience includes dismissal, success at trial, reductions to non-criminal offenses, and deferred sentences (leading to eventual dismissal). While Disorderly Conduct is a relatively low-level crime, convictions can lead to long term ramifications, such as job loss, probation violations, treatment requirements and other issues.
If a person is charged with Disorderly Conduct, that charge can arise in two ways: out of the statewide Disorderly Conduct statute (RCW 9A.84.030) or a Municipal Code (such as MMC 6.54.020). Municipal Codes are typically more expansive than the state statute. Disorderly Conduct is a misdemeanor.
Under the RCW, Disorderly Conduct is allegedly committed when a person is charged with one of the following:
- 1) Using abusive language and thereby intentionally creates a risk of assault
- 2) intentionally disrupting any lawful assembly or meeting of persons, without having lawful authority
- 3) intentionally obstructing vehicular or pedestrian traffic, without lawful authority, OR
- 4) intentionally engaging in fighting, tumultuous conduct, or making unreasonable noise within five hundred feet of a) a burial, b) funeral home during a viewing, or c) a memorial service in a building, while knowing that activity is in progress.
Disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to ninety (90) days in jail or a thousand dollar ($1000) fine.
Ashbach Law Offices, LLC aggressively defends those charged with Disorderly Conduct and other charges arising out of Arlington, Edmonds, Everett, Granite Falls, Lake Stevens, Lynnwood, Marysville, Monroe, and the rest of Snohomish County, Washington.
These charges are typically filed in Cascade District Court, Edmonds Municipal Court, Everett District Court, Everett Municipal Court, Evergreen District Court, Lynnwood Municipal Court, Marysville Municipal Court, and South District Court, all located in Snohomish County, Washington.
If you, or someone you care about, have or has been charged with Disorderly Conduct, call Ashbach Law Offices, LLC at (360) 659-4950 for a FREE CONSULTATION today.
RCW 9A.84.030 Disorderly conduct.
- (a) Uses abusive language and thereby intentionally creates a risk of assault;
- (b) Intentionally disrupts any lawful assembly or meeting of persons without lawful authority;
- (c) Intentionally obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic without lawful authority; or
- (d)(i) Intentionally engages in fighting or in tumultuous conduct or makes unreasonable noise, within five hundred feet of:
- (A) The location where a funeral or burial is being performed;
- (B) A funeral home during the viewing of a deceased person;
- (C) A funeral procession, if the person described in this subsection (1)(d) knows that the funeral procession is taking place; or
- (D) A building in which a funeral or memorial service is being conducted; and
- (ii) Knows that the activity adversely affects the funeral, burial, viewing, funeral procession, or memorial service.
- (2) Disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor.
(1) A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if the person:
If you are looking for an Arlington Disorderly Conduct Lawyer, Everett Disorderly Conduct Lawyer, Lake Stevens Disorderly Conduct Lawyer, Lynnwood Disorderly Conduct Lawyer, Marysville Disorderly Conduct Lawyer, Monroe Disorderly Conduct Lawyer, or Snohomish County Disorderly Conduct Lawyer, you have come to the right place.