Sample results (multiples of each) include:
Reckless Driving and Racing Attorneys and Legal Information
- Reckless Driving – “Not Guilty” at trial – Cascade District Court
- Reckless Driving – Reduced to infraction – Everett Municipal Court
- Reckless Driving – Reduced to infraction – Marysville Municipal Court
- Reckless Driving – Reduced to infraction – Snohomish County District Court
- Reckless Driving – Reduced to other charge – Everett District Court
The defense lawyers of Ashbach Law Offices, LLC has a great track record in representing its clients charged with Reckless Driving and Racing, including dismissals, reductions in charges and amendments that do not result in suspended licenses and insurance issues. This makes up a large part of our practice. If you, or someone you care about, call the experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at our office today at (360) 659-4950 for a free, no-pressure consultation. Please read below for more information.
The Reckless Driving statute, RCW 46.61.500, criminalizes situations where a person drives any vehicle in “willful or wanton” disregard for the safety of persons or property. This statute is essentially designed to punish a person who operates a vehicle in a manner that a reasonable person would determine is highly risky. Reckless driving is a gross misdemeanor.
The Racing Statute, RCW 46.63.530 is functionally similar to the Reckless Driving statute, punishing a person who operates a motor vehicle in a comparison, or contest, with one or more motor vehicles on a public highway (meaning a road). This is the statute that effectively criminalizes drag racing.
Both Reckless Driving and Racing are serious criminal charges, classified as gross misdemeanors. They are punished by a maximum of 365 days in jail and a $5000 fine. In addition, conviction for one of these offenses results in a mandatory suspension of a drivers’ license, for a minimum of 30 days. If you have a commercial drivers’ license, this conviction may also restrict your ability to retain that CDL.
Ashbach Law Offices, LLC represents those charged with Reckless Driving and Racing charges arising out of Arlington, Edmonds, Everett, Granite Falls, Lake Stevens, Lynnwood, Marysville, Monroe, and the rest of Snohomish County, Washington.
If you, or someone you care about, have or has been charged with Reckless Driving and Racing, call Ashbach Law Offices, LLC at (360) 659-4950 for a FREE CONSULTATION today.
RCW 46.61.500 Reckless driving — Penalty.
- (1) Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving. Violation of the provisions of this section is a gross misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment of not more than one year and by a fine of not more than five thousand dollars.
- (2) The license or permit to drive or any nonresident privilege of any person convicted of reckless driving shall be suspended by the department for not less than thirty days.
STRONG, EFFECTIVE & PROVEN
Ashbach Law Offices, LLC, aggressively represents clients throughout the Washington I-5 corridor, covering Skagit, Snohomish, King and Whatcom Counties. Regular courts of practice include, but are not limited to, Anacortes, Arlington, Bellevue, Bellingham, Blaine, Burlington, Edmonds, Everett, Issaquah, Lake Stevens Lynnwood, Marysville, Monroe, Mount Vernon, Mountlake Terrance, Redmond, Seattle, Sedro Woolley and Shoreline.
Everett Municipal Court
, Lynnwood Municipal Court
, Monroe Municipal Court
, Anacortes Municipal Court
, Edmonds Municipal Court
. View all courts we work with here: Courts We Work With