Frequently Asked Questions about Alleged Criminal Violations in Arlington, Edmonds, Everett, Lake Stevens, Lynnwood, Marysville, Monroe and the rest of Snohomish County, Washington

Should I take my Assault (DUI, Possession of Marijuana, Domestic Violence, Negligent Driving, Reckless Driving, etc.) case to trial?

Whether or not it is necessary or advisable to take your case to trial depends on a variety of factors, including the attorney that you choose. Many attorneys will avoid a trial at all costs, while some are over-eager to “prove” themselves.

The decision depends in part on the specific alleged facts of the case, what your prior history is, what your goals for your case are, the legal issues presented (can evidence be suppressed, was the arrest unlawful, etc.) and whether there has been any acceptable plea offers in your case.

In many cases, there are no acceptable plea offers, and the case must be taken to trial. Recently, we have had a few cases where trial was necessary, and while we ultimately received “not guilty” verdicts on all counts, it was a stressful experience for the clients. In the end, the trials were worthwhile endeavors.

To make a good, informed decision about going to trial versus not, you should consult a skilled trial attorney who can analyze your case, and assist you in making that determination.

Ashbach Law Offices, LLC aggressively represents its clients in and around Snohomish County, Skagit County, and King County, Washington. If you, or a person you care about, has been charged with a criminal offense, contact our office today at (360) 659-4950 for a free, no-presure consultation.

We practice in Anacortes, Washington; Arlington, Washington; Burlington, Washington; Edmonds, Washington; Everett, Washington; Marysville, Washington; Mill Creek, Washington; Monroe, Washington; Mount Vernon, Washington; Lake Stevens, Washington; Lynnwood, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Sedro-Woolley, Washington; Shoreline, Washington; and the rest of Skagit County, Snohomish County, King County, and Whatcom County.

Back to Frequently Asked Questions